Lymphoma

This community is for people with an interest in lymphoma.

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Anne3kids

Follicular Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Stage 4

Is there anyone with this diagnosis too?? Would love to have conversation with someone with this particular cancer. I was diagnosed August 6th, 2014 Currently doing the "watch & wait" process. A bit mind boggling to say the least.

2095 views Anne3kids, Lowell, Massachusetts - Tue, 7 Jul 2015

Glendag

follicular Lymphoma

I was just diagnosed with Follicular Lymphoma. Anyone else on here diagnose with it?

2 replies , 1923 views Glendag, Vista, Ca - Mon, 29 Jun 2015

Charlie

Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma & vitamin D

I have low grade NHL. I've read in the past couple of days that increasing your vitamin D level can help fight lymphoma. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? If I take a supplement, what dose should I take? Will it help to suppress the lymphoma? Would be good to hear from anyone living with NHL.

2 replies , 3213 views Charlie, London - Sun, 13 Jul 2014

Faith4us

mantle cell lymphoma

My husband has been diagnosed with this and I guess I just am looking for some imput,,good or bad

1 reply , 1669 views Faith4us, Mon, 9 Jun 2014

Twinkle

Lymphoma

My mom has mantel cell B lymphoma. She is about to do her 4 th chemo session. But I'm telling you it's some hard seeing her in pain. Not from the chemo but now she has a kidney infection, stone and shingles . She can hardly move. :( she's 60 and has always been so healthy and so driven and on the go all the time. Now she sleeping all the time, needs her rest , but won't eat much and it's just hurting me so bad to see this. I help anyway I can, I wish I could take her pain. I'd do it in a...

1886 views Twinkle, Canada - Tue, 22 Apr 2014

KimLeonard

My story

Hello, I am 48yrs old mother of two grown children and married to a wonderful man for the last 20 yrs. In 2009 I was diagnosed with Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma. While having a CT Scan in Feb 2014 they found Thyroid Cancer and that it had spread to my lymph nodes. March 2014 I had two surgeries to remove the Thyroid and cancerous Lymph nodes. As for the CTCL I am currently having 10 weeks of total skin radiation 3x's a week.

2183 views KimLeonard, Indianapolis, IN - Tue, 22 Apr 2014

jamesina

recurrence

does anyone have any stats on how often low grade follicular nhl occurs..and when it does (average)

2605 views jamesina, Canada - Thu, 1 Aug 2013

Charlie

Waldenstrom lymphoma

Does anyone have any knowledge of a B cell lymphoma called Waldenstrom's? My haematologist thinks that's what I have but I'm not sure if that makes any difference to prognosis or treatment. Mine is low grade & I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Would like to hear from anyone else about their experience.

2054 views Charlie, London - Wed, 3 Jul 2013

hf-editors

£1 million in research funding

Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research has just announced £1m in funds for University of Southampton scientists to develop new treatment strategies for lymphoma patients. The project is looking at the effectiveness of monoclonal antibodies. While drugs such as Rituximab have doubled the long-term survival rates for many different types of lymphoma, they've been less effective in treating some sub-types of lymphoma. The researchers believe that the effectiveness of antibody drugs can be enhanced...

1781 views hf-editors, Tue, 16 Apr 2013