Post-traumatic Stress Disorder

This community is for people with an interest in post-traumatic stress disorder.

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

toby83

PTSD should I stop myself scanning for threats?

need some advice please. Just a normal evening walking back to my car when my own thoughts triggered me. I felt unsafe I was scanning the environment for threats until I was in my car. I live London, so it's not totally senseless to be vigilant, but scanning the shadows under cars in a carpark, thinking about how any jogger passing me could stab people as he passed them for fun! My question is, when I find myself scanning the shadows, searching for threats, etc., should I stop myself? I...

798 views toby83, Barnet - Tue, 1 Nov 2016

THESADNESS

Sadness

My dad past away 2yrs n ever since then I've gotten really sick can't eat have flashbacks bad dreams really really sick very very depressed n angry

1624 views THESADNESS, New Jersey - Fri, 17 Oct 2014

lilkath

help I think my boyfriend has ptsd

I desperately need some help as I think my boyfriend has ptsd and its breaking us apart. He wont see me he wont talk to me and if he breaks his silence it makes no sense. His personality has changed completely and I no longer know how to reach him. the last year has been hell for both of us and we havent been able to see much of eachother. last year august september he had a cancer scare. while dealing with the tests for the cancer he had to go and get his brother out of trouble and had...

2 replies , 2020 views lilkath, United Kingdom - Wed, 16 Jul 2014

Yenwarp

"I have been clinically assessed with Dissoociative PTSD!"

As stated in the topic - I have had an assessment and find it very hard to manage on a daily basis - it is not a "Mental Illness" as the NHS likes to think so, far from it, there is no medication either to help you at times of need. I have a net work of caring people to check on me with my daughters, yet due to my past CSA I have many disabilities from my child hood. PTSD is a huge issue to deal with - it is not made available to the public yet for every soldier killed at war - 2 die at...

2 replies , 1466 views Yenwarp, United Kingdom - Fri, 28 Mar 2014

emmyrene08

Can you have 20 mental disorders all caused by PTSD?

I'm a 23 year old mother of two and pregnant again, since I was 9 years old I've been diagnosed with bipolar and manic depression. I lost my brother who was my everything to me 5 years ago and since then I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia, dissociative disorder, and anything else doctors can come up with and have been keeping me sedated on meds to keep me calm. The meds are working, but can I just be suffering from PTSD and not really have all those mental problems?

1 reply , 1495 views emmyrene08, Fri, 24 Jan 2014