Hip Replacement

This community is for people who have had hip replacement surgery or are thinking of having it.

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

rabin

total hip replacement

I am a 19 year old boy.just had a total hip replacement.is there anybody young like me who had a total hip replacement.and how long it had last for..?

1065 views rabin, kathmandu - Tue, 17 Nov 2015

Flooze

I,m new too!

I am a retired Sister and a recent widow. My husband was a GP and we worked together. I am 66 and have needed a THR for ages, but put it off to nurse my husband and to do his Home Haemodialysis for 5 years. It is due to be done in early Feb and the only concern I have is that I am unable to lay on my back. I know everyone says this, but i have Lumbar Stenosis which affects the nerves to my lower body, including my bladder, when I lay on my back. So, has anyone got any good tips or...

1265 views Flooze, Romney Marsh Kent - Sun, 18 Jan 2015

roseann

future total hip replacement

I need a total hip replacement and doctor wants to use Biomet plastic replacement for me. Any reviews on this product will be very appreciated for me to consider. thank you.

1734 views roseann, ft laud, florida - Wed, 6 Aug 2014

Craiby

7 days post op

Hi everyone 7 days post op , all is well , swelling under control , the journey so far has bee good

3 replies , 1512 views Craiby, United Kingdom - Sat, 26 Apr 2014

Linda-S

DuPuy Revision

Hi everyone, I had a Dupuy ASR THP in 2007 and in 2010 I had it removed because of severe internal damage, a large pseudo tumour and blood contamination. I now have a ceramic/ polyethylene device on the original titanium spike. I am permanently disabled, in pain and now have another tumour forming around the joint. The surgeon has no idea why and I'm having a further MRI scan next week to see if its grown since the last one in December. I think it has because the pain has got worse. I...

2 replies , 1478 views Linda-S, Essex - Sat, 29 Mar 2014

Wilky13

Total Hip Replacement Forum

Hi, we also have a discussion group on Facebook, I was asked to start it by another THR patient, it's called "Total Hip Replacement Forum" check it out, it's for people who have had/are waiting to have or are thinking about having THR. You'll find many stories of how we are getting on post op and of people's worries pre op, it's a great site with many helpful posts and comments and well worth a read, feel free to join and add your own comments or just read what's already on there 😀

1 reply , 2902 views Wilky13, Scotland - Sat, 24 Aug 2013