Knee Replacement

This community is for people who have had a knee replacement or are thinking of having one.

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

serenity

Nerve damage after knee replacement

I had my arthritic left knee replaced in July 2015. The operation was successful in that I have regained mobility and have no pain in the joint. However I cannot kneel on my left knee because it is still numb which I assume is due to nerve damage; this makes getting up from the floor extremely difficult! Is this disadvantage permanent? Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of regaining sensation when trying to kneel on it?

1092 views serenity, Herts Valley - Sun, 14 Aug 2016

deb49

waiting for LTKR

I have been told by many people that the pain after is a lot more than the pain before, I understand that the pain will be more after cause of what they do in surgery, my surgeon has me in physio before surgery as he belives it will help after surgery

2452 views deb49, woodstock,ontario - Thu, 5 Mar 2015

pjewing

CPM Machines

Has anyone found a CPM Machine after knee replacement to be useful? The research emphatically says that they do not work to increase range of motion yet most hospitals still put patients on them post surgery. Would love to know what you think.

2015 views pjewing, New York City - Sat, 30 Aug 2014

KayC1960

Partial Knee replacement

I had a Partial Knee replacement in Nov 2011. Have some nerve damage down the outer side of the knee and some "unexplained pain" on the inner side of scar. The joint in itself feels fine. More recently I have also had a hemi-cap on my left knee and again the joint is feeling ok but on walking am getting pain in the bone just under the knee cap.

4 replies , 2642 views KayC1960, SE London - Sat, 21 Dec 2013