Autistic Spectrum Disorder

A community for parents, carers and friends of children with autistic spectrum disorder.

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

BeckySwann

Autism Behavios. What we have done/do to help our son.

With behaviors and Autistic children in general.. The following are somethings that I have learned through out the years that have helped us and my son cope and stop unsavory behaviors. 1.) Weighted vests come in really handy to help calm down ASD Kids. Think of it as giving them a hug. It's for security. It always helped calm our son down. 2.) Also, ever think of using a sock to calm down your child? Very simple and ready at hand. Just place a longer (crew) sock over your childs hand..

1 reply , 1655 views BeckySwann, Wisconsin - Fri, 6 Jun 2014

zeba

want to know about visual aba

Is there any qualified visual aba therapist in india

1385 views zeba, ahmedabad....gujarat - Thu, 5 Jun 2014

NickyH7472

How do I get my child tested for autisic spectrum disorder

I have asked my doctor for a referral to have my child tested for autism. He has already been diagnosed with ADHD. He has told me to ask the school for a referral is this the case. I may be being sceptical but at the present time Consultant has to me to ask the school for a CAF for extra support and they say they dont do it. Please help I just seem to be going round in circles.

1 reply , 1166 views NickyH7472, Isle of Wight - Mon, 24 Mar 2014