Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease

This community is for people with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease and their family and friends.

News(24)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

sheilaH

How to delay dementia

Both of my parents have dementia and I'm really worried about getting it, its so horrible to watch both of your parents with it I'm so scared about getting it early in life like my mother. does anyone have any tips on how to hold it off for as long as possible!

2 replies , 1141 views sheilaH, Barnet - Fri, 4 Nov 2016

ChrisM

Hypnotherapy for dementia

The works of Dr Simon Duff and Dr Daniel Nightingale in the UK, which were published as an empirical study, proved that hypnosis can be a very valuable tool in improving the quality of life for those living with dementia. Unfortunately few medical and health professionals know about the study or agree with hypnosis which in turn results in most people not being informed of an alternative which actually works. If I were the person living with dementia or a family member then I would want to know...

2552 views ChrisM, Pretoria - Mon, 7 Apr 2014