Multiple Sclerosis

This community is for people with an interest in multiple sclerosis.

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

abisolad

Leg weakness + going on walks

Good day all, I have been diagnosed with ms for 11 years. Right now I'm facing weakness (jelly like) in my legs when I go out for a walk. I really need to incorporate some sort of exercise in my life. I don't know how to overcome this, it jus seems there regardless of what I do, even when I try to push myself, it dosent help. Does anyone know how to deal with this? I want to be stronger.

3 replies , 1268 views abisolad, Nigeria - Mon, 15 Jun 2015

laura79

trans verse myelitis

anyone out there start with tm that turned into ms

1 reply , 1258 views laura79, suffolk uk - Fri, 14 Nov 2014

chris70

Use of Trampers (advanced scooters)

Using my Tramper is giving me the chance to get into the hills as I used to do. I must admit that a willing partner is a great help.

1629 views chris70, Cumbria - Thu, 7 Aug 2014

foggyhead

ms???

I have been unwell for 14yrs and had many tests over the years which always come back normal. I was told i had m.e/cfs. 2 years ago i had really bad vertigo when i tried to get up out of bed. I had another brain mri and this time it showed lesions. The neuro did a lumbar puncture and evoke potential test which both came back normal. He doesn't want to see me for 12 months unless something happens in the mean time. I feel i am no further forward after 14yrs except i now have lesions.

2174 views foggyhead, cumbria - Fri, 30 May 2014

pejaachPen

Relapse/Remitting MS?

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with MS and am a bit overwhelmed as to what I need to do or know... the MS nurse told me that I should think about medication when I am more at ease with the recent knowledge.. Sorry if I sound vague, but the symptoms I have been having aren't the usual ones you hear or read about... Can someone please enlighten me? Thank you! Penny

6 replies , 2072 views pejaachPen, Buckinghamshire - Wed, 14 May 2014

Mollie21

Making friends

Want to chat with other people with secondary progressive m s

1 reply , 1284 views Mollie21, Exeter - Thu, 1 May 2014