Polycystic Ovaries (PCOS)

This community is for people with an interest in polycystic ovaries (PCOS).

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Vasenna

New to PCOS

I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS. Started by me noticing mass weight gain. I've always been athletic build and 85kg 5ft10. I gained weight all of a sudden and could not work it off no matter how much I tried. So a visit to the doc was in order. They put me on a higher dosage pill to help control the hormones but in turn made me gain more weight! So now I'm massively depressed and insecure about myself as I've just broken the 100kg barrier I work out 2-5 times a week depending on...

710 views Vasenna, Greensborough - Wed, 25 May 2016

MirandaS

PCOS - Clomid - Research

Research Question- DO You have POS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, were you prescribed Clomid? I have a few questions for a research report. 1. Did you conceive while on Clomid? 2. Did you develop Gestational Diabetes? 3. Were you overweight while on Clomid? 4. Did you develop Pre-Eclampsia or HELLP Syndrome during your pregnancy? Thank You for everyone that helps with an answer, I appreciate it greatly! Miranda Sherman #PCOS #Clomid #gestationaldiabetes

1 reply , 1934 views MirandaS, Detroit Lakes, MN - Sat, 14 Dec 2013

denmichell

Help managing PCOS when NOT trying to conceive

Hi there! I have 4 kids- very blessed that with the help of doctors, God, and Metformin I have them now!! But Im DONE having kids now! 4 is my limit :) Now I just need help finding a route to go in trying to get help in managing PCOS while NOT trying to conceive. What hormone test can I do to rule out what meds will help- which ones wont. What meds can I take to control PCOS for adult acne, weight, hair growth in places I dont want it, hair loss in places I do want it. Im in Omaha Nebraska and...

3 replies , 1969 views denmichell, omaha, nebraska - Mon, 28 Oct 2013

Renu

Pcos

I have very regular period 28 days only my last period was 34 days im married im eager in getting concieve so i consult doctor they scan and told i have multi cyst wil it affect lot it concieve

1 reply , 3050 views Renu, India - Mon, 21 Oct 2013

hf-editors

Laser depilation

Have you been able to access laser depilation on the NHS or have you resorted to paying for?

1569 views hf-editors, Fri, 10 May 2013