Breast Cancer

This community is for people with an interest in breast cancer.

News(44)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

katiec

University Student

Hi, I am a journalism student studying at the University of Lincoln. I am currently working on a project for an assignment. My feature is about how people react to breast cancer, whether this be the person who has been diagnosed or their family and friends. I would really appreciate it if anyone would be able to send me their story, or simply a few lines about your reaction and other peoples reactions. My email is: katie.cade@ntlworld.com Thank you! Katie Cade

3 replies , 3288 views katiec, Lincoln - Wed, 27 Nov 2013

Nanee

breast cancer

is there a breast cancer chat room on this site to chat with others or just make post here ? thanks

1 reply , 2054 views Nanee, texas - Tue, 19 Nov 2013

alivs

Itchiness

I had no idea an itchy breast was a symptom - if I had known that would I have been diagnosed earlier and would my treatment have been less severe? I want to make people aware that it is not always a lump.

1 reply , 3647 views alivs, London - Fri, 1 Nov 2013

trugbug

HER2 positive

Hi Ijust been told my cancer (breast) is HER2 receptor positive - anyone know/been through this treatment. Herceptin is what they willgive me along with chemo and surgery. IF ANYONE COME through this please tell me as one google site said 21% making 7 years and I a 44 withn young kids. Not ready leave them yet

6 replies , 2469 views trugbug, suffolk - Fri, 22 Nov 2013

vas27

Side effects of Chemo

Just made it through my first Chemo session. Its been a week. Everyday its a new side affect. Today eyes watering, bloodshoot and achey, nose running..... Anyone out there with the same.

11 replies , 1954 views vas27, utah - Mon, 7 Oct 2013

hf-editors

What were your first symptoms of breast cancer?

We feel that women should know what symptoms to look out for. What first symptoms did you have that took you to see your doctor?

2 replies , 3241 views hf-editors, Tue, 1 Oct 2013

loyal

breast cancer

i have invasive ductal cancer of the right breast had a lumpectomy done and senital node biopsy they now say i need lymph nodes clearance im scared of the side affects can any one help me with this if they have experienced it please

3 replies , 1988 views loyal, whitehaven - Wed, 5 Feb 2014

loyal

breast cancer

hi im new here was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive ductal had me lumpectomy and senitanal node biopsy they now say i need all my lymph nodes removed from my right arm but there is side affects with this procedure can some please help im scared stiff.

3 replies , 2134 views loyal, whitehaven - Mon, 21 Oct 2013

kay

I'm pleased with the results of reconstructive surgery

My story in a nutshell is this, I had early stage breast cancer when I was 35 in 1994. I had a bilateral mastectomy at the time which I felt unhappy about. I finally plucked up the courage to have reconstructive surgery privately in 2006. It was a 6 hour operation and I felt unwell for two weeks afterwards. I'm now very pleased that I had it done, although I still have to think about having permanent implants put in. All in all, I think it was worth it.

1 reply , 3269 views kay, London - Sat, 31 Aug 2013

kay

Difficult Decision

I congratulate Angelina Jolie for coming to grips with such a difficult decision. Made me think - what i would do? I think i might choose an annual mammogram and regular self-examination.

2 replies , 1998 views kay, London - Wed, 15 May 2013

Previous 1 2 Next