Breast Cancer

This community is for people with an interest in breast cancer.

News(105)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

ginger

my cancer

Every day I look no replays Shirley there must be some one in Southampton like I live in hedgeend not on the moon ldont mind male or female to talk to maybe you have some other sort or cancer I feel like adifferant person as other people don't understand they think because l have my hair I'm OK not the case ifeel like I have changed instead of maybe just joining a club its the cancer club I'm 60 its not my brain that's OK it just my body that's let me down

3371 views ginger, southampton - Sun, 12 Oct 2014

ginger

breast cancer

I have had breast cancer and I live in hedgeend soton I don't drive is their any male or female in my position that has had cancer ask would love achat as the world is a lonely place and it seems I'm the only one on it I am a 60 yr old woman and would love a chat

2638 views ginger, southampton - Wed, 24 Sep 2014

ruth

Breast and Lymph Node Cancer

I had a 3 yearly breast scan on March 3rd, the 2nd scan I have had and didn't have any concerns. On 8th March I received a letter calling me back to a local hospital for further scans and tests. The biopsy revealed I had a 'lesion' in my left breasts plus cancerous cells in several of my lymph nodes under my left arm. I was completely shell shocked and now booked in for a lumpectomy on March 31st, plus lymph node removal. I just wondered if anyone who has been through a similar situation can...

1 reply , 2038 views ruth, Fri, 23 May 2014

Selfcare

Online-study on Breast Cancer

We are conducting an online survey on the Cancer Patient Journey for both patients and caregivers. Share your experience on cancer and receive an Amazon Gift Card – visit our webpage for more info www.selfcarecatalysts.com/cancer-patient-journey

2076 views Selfcare, Wed, 30 Apr 2014

PollyL

Post surgery bras, wigs etc

As a breast cancer survivor who has had reconstruction now I've got loads of wigs, bras etc I no longer need. Have an idea to create a small enterprise which will sell good quality used items like these for a fraction of the price they would normally be to buy. 60% of the takings would be donated to breast cancer charities. Any thoughts on this? I will add that any donations of items would be very gratefully received.

1 reply , 1970 views PollyL, Pontypool - Tue, 25 Mar 2014

bcoptions

Breast Cancer Options Complementary Medicine Conference

BREAST CANCER OPTIONS 12th Annual Complementary Medicine Conference ‘A Holistic Approach to Health’ Sunday, April 27, 2014 ■ 8 AM to 4 PM ■ SUNY New Paltz Lecture Center, New Paltz NY COST: $35 ■ $25: Students/Seniors (Both include Lunch) REGISTER ONLINE: www.breastcanceroptions.org on our conference page. hope@breastcanceroptions.org FOR INFORMATION 845/339-4673

2088 views bcoptions, Kingston NY - Sat, 15 Mar 2014

Lesley76

Advice and discuss experiences

So far my aunt has had lumpectomy and due to early diagnosis and intervention they did not have to perform mastectomy. My aunt was then to follow a 6 week course of radiotherapy starting 10th of jan 2014 but since discovering my aunt suffers from one of the less aggressive connective tissue diseases: lupus. There are four overall and my aunt has Discoid Lupus Erythematous which is affected by sunlight and swelling of joints at times. She is 67 years old and now they are concerned that due to...

2256 views Lesley76, East Renfrewshire - Sat, 4 Jan 2014

hf-editors

Amazing wonder women!

Cancer is no joke, but laughter is good medicine. Share a picture or photo to give your fellow women a positive boost. What makes you laugh, inspires you, or has made you feel good lately?

2629 views hf-editors

hf-editors

What do you think of our redesign?

As you’ve probably noticed, HealthFriends has a new look. In addition to being easier to navigate, there are some new features including the ability to upload images to your discussion posts. So, if you draw, paint or simply want to share a picture with the rest of the community, why not pin an image to your next post? Let us know what you think to the redesign – your questions, compliments and complaints are all welcome. We value your feedback. Best...

2801 views hf-editors, Thu, 5 Dec 2013

Denise Lay

I need some questions answere concerning breast cancer symtoms

I really need to talk to someone who is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE regarding breast cancer symtoms

2430 views Denise Lay, Pensacola, Florida - Thu, 5 Dec 2013

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next