Diabetes Mellitus

This community is for people with an interest in diabetes mellitus.

Members(146)
News(34)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

scrappy

type2

i,m finding it hard to get my BS levels down dispite medication and diet

1 reply , 2795 views scrappy, suffolk - Tue, 28 Feb 2017

barryM

just diagnosed with diabetes

I was just diagnosed last week with diabetes. My drive to work was tough as my vision was blurry. At this point, wearing my glasses in worse than not wearing them. I was already having difficult seeing close up with glasses due to my age, but now it is impossible to see close up. Once this is all under control, will my vision be "ok"? I really don't want permanent eye damage if I can avoid it. Thank you.

959 views barryM, Enfield - Mon, 31 Oct 2016

jerry123

should I start insulin or not?

Hi, I have become used to Metformin after 7 years. I am incontinent at least once a week and I am not happy, My feet are going numb and I'm frightened. I want to be on insulin. I want low BG's not the high ones I get now. Can somebody advise me whether I should start insulin or not? Thanks.

4 replies , 1191 views jerry123, United Kingdom - Mon, 24 Oct 2016

suryavamsi

Anti diabetic

My mother who is suffering from diabetes..... Got a health drink..which is anti diabetic.... She used for 6months....her sugar levels are under control......from many years she is taking many medicines... But no use.....now after using anti diabetic drink...her sugar level is under control

2 replies , 2295 views suryavamsi, Andhra Pradesh - Thu, 17 Sep 2015

LucieW

Dexcom G4 sensors

Hi Guys, thanks for this group! Is here anybody who use Dexcom G4 monitoring system? Lucie

1 reply , 1731 views LucieW, Czech Republic - Sat, 11 Jul 2015

Jack

Thirst and diabetes

I’ve just checked NHS direct and it seems I should go and see my gp. But I just wanted to ask is it usual to feel thirsty all the time when developing diabetes?

2 replies , 1795 views Jack, United Kingdom - Thu, 4 Jun 2015

hf-editors

Diabetic recipes

Eating a healthy, balanced diet when you are living with diabetes can be challenging. So we thought it might be helpful to members of this community if we started a discussion thread dedicated to sharing diabetes-friendly recipes. What's your favourite diabetic recipe?

1686 views hf-editors, Thu, 13 Nov 2014

axel

januvia

hi is there anybody on here taking januvia and if so have you got side effects please help

1614 views axel, United Kingdom - Tue, 23 Sep 2014

vicky loga

metformin

do other people have side effects with metformin .

1857 views vicky loga, United Kingdom - Tue, 26 Aug 2014

Alan

Metformin and insulin

I’ve recently been started on insulin after being on metformin tablet for some years. My doctor has asked me to continue metformin as well as insulin injections. Are others being told to do the same? I don’t understand why I need to be on metformin when I’ve agreed to start insulin injections.

4 replies , 1780 views Alan, United Kingdom - Thu, 24 Jul 2014

Previous 1 2 Next