Irritable Bowel Syndrome

This community is for people with an interest in irritable bowel syndrome.

News(3)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

MissT

A Cure For IBS =-D

So so thrilled!!!! I have had IBS for 7 years so severe at some points I was admitted to hospital. I have tried every drug and natural medicine going trust me you name it... I've had it. It would flare up at anytime when I was anxious, excited, sad or when I just wanted something other than lettuce! BUT I have accidentally come across something that has changed my life! I started drinking Cho Yung green tea as I'm quite a health conscious person anyway and heard that this tea is very good for...

4 replies , 2023 views MissT, Kent - Fri, 24 Oct 2014

nanna

ibs and living in the loo !

I have had IBS for many years now and when it`s bad I get the cramps and a hot water bottle is my best friend ! Although I haven`t had a bad pain lately the problem has changed the last 2 weeks as I seem to be living in the bathroom ! I go on getting up, again after a cup of tea, again within half an hour or less and so it goes on all day. Always it`s loose and I just seem to explode because of the gas.. When I get the call to go it has to be fast . I don`t trust myself to be away from a...

2 replies , 1503 views nanna, Thu, 11 Sep 2014

countryg66

try to work with ibs

I have been try to work with my ibs for 4years I have lost my Job do calling in because ibs d pian in tummy cramping back pain right in middle back

6 replies , 3137 views countryg66, Sat, 23 Aug 2014

supergran

ibs

my ibs has been severe for the last 8 months. it keeps me indoors a lot. i have some good days and some horrid days.tried going gluten free but no difference. it's hard to know what to eat.

3300 views supergran, sittingbourne - Fri, 22 Aug 2014

ally

new to IBS

hello I have just been diagnosed as having IBS and am interested in other peoples stories and what food do you think you find better off not eating? I tried the gluten free bread last night and its disgusting!

1 reply , 2078 views ally, Essex - Wed, 6 Aug 2014

ToR

IBS and Whey Powder

Hi all, this is just a helpful tip which will hopefully help anyone out who is looking to use whey protein. I have IBS and recently started a new nutrition plan which involves whey protein powder before and after weight sessions in order to gain muscle mass. I was a little hesitant at first to try it given my IBS but after lots of research and trial and error I found a product which works really well for me. It’s on a website called myprotein.com and is "True Whey" (I chose chocolate coconut...

3 replies , 2526 views ToR, Swindon - Sun, 18 May 2014

titch

ibs suffer!!!

Hi I am new to the site... I was diagnosed 3 months ago at the age of 25 & I've never been so down and depressed I've tryed all sorts of different food.. dairy & wheat free foods ect....!! And now its getting to the point I ain't eattin and scared to eat. Help!!!

1 reply , 1425 views titch, london - Fri, 2 May 2014

kerryanne

ibs

Can it get worse with pregnancy iv had it non stop now for two weeks . up all hours if night

2 replies , 1808 views kerryanne, Newton stewart - Sat, 22 Mar 2014

juniepooni

3 nights running

hi im new to this site an hoope to make like minded friends that understand just what we go through an how this can invade our life. I have had ibs for 12 years I believe it started after my dad died. have had colonoscopy to confirm diagnosis. for the last 3 evenings ive had the poos an the only thing I can think has caused it is I had coleslaw in a sandwich an a packet of flavoured chrisps im thinking the coleslaw an the artificial flavours caused it. anyone else find these foods do it for...

3 replies , 1907 views juniepooni, essex - Mon, 3 Mar 2014

jacks29

ibs and colic

I have IBS constipation alternating with IBS .d I have lost 3 stone in weight so at 8st exactly and 5ft 6in tall am underweight I have had numerous tests in the last 18 months such as ct abdominal scan endoscopy , colonoscopy,and ultrasound abdominal scan stool samples and blood tests all came back OK I'm now waiting to see a cognitive behavioral therapist I can't eat a lot of foods I find bread a problem and dairy a big problem too I get symptoms practically every day but the worst is the...

1825 views jacks29, lancashire - Tue, 23 Jul 2013

Previous 1 2 Next