Lung Cancer

This community is for people with an interest in lung cancer.

News(50)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

David63

you dont have to be a smoker to get lung cancer

I have only been recently diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic non small cell adenocarcinoma of the (right) lung. I tested positive for the ALK gene and am taking Xalkori an oral medication. At this point I have had no side effects from this drug. I do not smoke nor have I ever been a smoker so this was a surprise to me as I was under the mistaken impression that only smokers or people exposed to toxic carcinogens were at risk. Since I have been diagnosed I have been trying to get the word out...

908 views David63, Barnet - Wed, 16 Nov 2016

Selfcare

On-line study on Lung Cancer

We are conducting an online survey on the Cancer Patient Journey (both from an individual and caregiver perspective). Share your experience on cancer and receive an Amazon Gift Card – visit our webpage for more info www.selfcarecatalysts.com/cancer-patient-journey

2654 views Selfcare, Wed, 30 Apr 2014

baratu

Tuberculosis

Please I just knew that vinegar can defeat Tuberculosis. But the problem is, in what way can a patient use vinegar to treat tuberculosis? should it be mix with water or the vinegar only.

1765 views baratu, Fri, 11 Apr 2014

hf-admin

Early diagnosis of lung cancer

At HealthFriends, we believe early diagnosis leads to better treatment outcome. We therefore want to encourage our members to share their early symptoms of lung cancer, for the benefit of others to learn about. What were your particular symptoms? How did you know something was wrong? Common symptoms are: - shortness of breath - blood in sputum - chest/shoulder pain - hoarseness - weight loss If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you are advised to see your...

2 replies , 1918 views hf-admin, Fri, 11 Apr 2014