Asthma

This community is for people with an interest in asthma.

News(11)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Darren

How can I clear mucus any tips?

Wondering if anyone can give me some tips for clearing mucus. I had a cough with green phlegm last week, so GP gave me a course of amox. Improved, but got worse yesterday so saw GP. Now on 40mg pred and stronger antibiotic. I can get air into my lungs ok and am not wheezing, but airway feels a bit like sandpaper and I have a lot of congestion. STeroids don't seem to have made a difference so far - on to day 2, is that normal? What can I do to ease chest? Taking Seretide and...

845 views Darren, Enfield - Thu, 3 Nov 2016

norfolkn

Asthma

Hi my daughter is a lovely playfull 6 year old girl going on 30, There is no genetic asthma in my family or my gfs, We live in a first floor flat which our front room is above entrance into car park so a lot fumes get trapped and just rise.The boarding is terrible workmanship and a bird can fit in some the gaps.does anyone think that carbon monoxide could cause my daughters asthma as its strange we have 2 carbon monoxide alarms in the flat many thanks

3081 views norfolkn, United Kingdom - Thu, 12 Dec 2013

lking1uk

Researchers at KCL are seeking MEN with ASTHMA to help validating a food-related quality of life questionnaire. Please help to spread the word.

Researchers at King's College, London need help with validation of a food-related quality of life questionnaire. If you are MALE, AGED OVER 16 and have ASTHMA no matter how mild or severe and 15mins to spare please click the link. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/asthmavols2

2614 views lking1uk, United Kingdom - Thu, 28 Nov 2013

hf-editors

Smokefree legislation linked to drop in asthma admissions

There were 1,900 fewer emergency hospital admissions for asthma in England in each year after the country went smokefree, researchers have found. Alison Cox, Cancer Research UK's tobacco control lead, welcomed the news: "This should serve as a reminder of the wide range of diseases and conditions caused by tobacco use, and the 100,000 smoking-related deaths each year in the UK." Emily Humphreys, head of policy and public affairs at charity Asthma UK, pointed to statistics showing that...

2950 views hf-editors, Tue, 16 Apr 2013