Atrial Fibrillation

This community is for people with an interest in Atrial Fibrillation.

Members(109)
News(7)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

celast

What exactly is it

Is AF just and uneven heart beat, or is it also a fast pulse rate, the private cardioligist I saw,said my resting ECG pulse rate was 160. But it is bound to high when you are at his rooms, my doc took it and it was 112 ,when at home it is usually 78 , He wants to give Amidrone,, which I do not want to take, what medication do you take. I

1645 views celast, Cheshire - Fri, 22 Aug 2014

celast

Amiodarone

Is anyone on this medication forAF ? Private cardiologist put me on them this week, it's to slow the heart and pulse rate, If you are how to you find them.

7 replies , 2276 views celast, Cheshire - Thu, 21 Aug 2014

ACGM

Warfarin

I have been told I should have warfarin and due to my experiences with friends and relations using it, I have flatly refused to use it and my GP is looking into the alternatives. Does anyone have any view on its use?

1 reply , 1675 views ACGM, Goring. Reading - Thu, 21 Aug 2014

Charles B

Atrial Fibrilation and Pacemakers

Has anyone had a pacemaker fitted exclusively to deal with Atrial Fibrilation? Did it cut the number or length of epsiodes? How did you feel after it. I've had 4 failed ablations, currently on Dronadarone. A pacemaker has been suggested but I'm worried about it being non-reversible.

5 replies , 2972 views Charles B, London - Thu, 21 Aug 2014

celast

Private cardiologist report

Just the main points, He has a rapid heart rate but he is not really unwell with it, Examination shows normal venous pulse blood pressure 140/80 And heart sounds were normal, Resting ECG shows AF at 160bpm. With no other abnormality. Assessment by echocardiogram was difficult because of fast heart rate, the end diastolic dimension was 5.7 and the end systolic dimension 3.6 there is no left ventricular hypertrophy, Aortic root measures 3.8cm. There is a minor jet mitral regurgitation...

1 reply , 1116 views celast, Cheshire - Wed, 20 Aug 2014

celast

Any one taken beta blocker cavedilio

Has anyone any experience of cavedilio , I have been put on it for AF , but side affects seem bad, I have had headaches since taken them also feel lethargic, would like to know how you went on

1983 views celast, Cheshire - Mon, 11 Aug 2014

celast

AF

I have been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation , I am trying beta blockers to slow the pulse rate, but have felt just like a zombie, And breathless, not sure whether that's the AF or the beta blocker, have been booked in with a cardiologist .

1750 views celast, Cheshire - Tue, 5 Aug 2014

Dottilind

Taking Warfarin

Hi all, well I am on this sitre as I have been on warfarin now for nearly three months. My inr is never the same and I dont know if it is because of my diet or something else. I have had so many conflicting stories about what I should do or not do.

2 replies , 2165 views Dottilind, Rhoose, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan - Thu, 5 Jun 2014

dennis

Flecainide

I have been taking Flecainide for 2 weeks now and discovered my heart rate has worsened, it goes to anything from 62 - 144 when resting. Higher if do any work 120-175 bouncing This now lasts for a couple of days after training on a Saturday until Tuesday I do unfortunately drink at the weekend white wine especially. I know tabets and drink don't mix but maybe i'm thinking its a Dehydration Problem Does anybody take Felecainide?

1 reply , 2073 views dennis, United Kingdom - Tue, 27 May 2014

dennis

THANKS

Thanks to all who repiled to my Afib problem much appreciated. Dennis

2001 views dennis, United Kingdom - Thu, 15 May 2014

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next