Atrial Fibrillation

This community is for people with an interest in Atrial Fibrillation.

Members(109)
News(2)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Dottilind

Taking Warfarin

Hi all, well I am on this sitre as I have been on warfarin now for nearly three months. My inr is never the same and I dont know if it is because of my diet or something else. I have had so many conflicting stories about what I should do or not do.

2 replies , 1876 views Dottilind, Rhoose, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan - Thu, 5 Jun 2014

dennis

Flecainide

I have been taking Flecainide for 2 weeks now and discovered my heart rate has worsened, it goes to anything from 62 - 144 when resting. Higher if do any work 120-175 bouncing This now lasts for a couple of days after training on a Saturday until Tuesday I do unfortunately drink at the weekend white wine especially. I know tabets and drink don't mix but maybe i'm thinking its a Dehydration Problem Does anybody take Felecainide?

1 reply , 1784 views dennis, United Kingdom - Tue, 27 May 2014

dennis

THANKS

Thanks to all who repiled to my Afib problem much appreciated. Dennis

1734 views dennis, United Kingdom - Thu, 15 May 2014

marcusking

Atrial Fibrillation

I had a medical check up this week and the doctor thinks I may suffer from Atrial Fibrillation. He is referring me to my GP to get an ECG. I am 63 years old lead an active life and keep fairly fit though I am a bit overweight. Has anyone a similar experience?

1 reply , 1500 views marcusking, Suffolk - Sat, 3 May 2014

dennis

afib

Hello Again Still getting more regular bouts of Afib just taken my first 50mg Flecainide tablet 5hours ago no signs of improvement so far except for feeling heavy legged and a bit more breathless. Do u think i should continue or stop taking Flecainide I love running will this this medication effect me Always happy to hear peoples advice Thanks

2 replies , 1739 views dennis, United Kingdom - Sat, 3 May 2014

diannej

AF

Do others with this experience tiredness, a feeling of having to push yourself to do anything?

4 replies , 2384 views diannej, Bridge of Allan, Scotland - Fri, 24 Jan 2014

eileen

What percent of patients revert to AF after cardio version and in what time scale is this most likely?

Does anyone have experience of a long cruising within four weeks of procedure, on Uk ship from the UK

3166 views eileen, Perthshire Scotland - Thu, 19 Sep 2013

danwalter

New comment on article - Intermittent Atrial Fibrillation - drugs or ablation?

Catheter ablation for afib is a corporate-driven procedure that is riskier and less effective than advertised: http://collateral-damage.net

2 replies , 2078 views danwalter, United States - Sat, 26 Oct 2013

Frenchyyy

Af

Anyone treated with beta blockers ?

4 replies , 2024 views Frenchyyy, Wirral - Thu, 21 Nov 2013

danwalter

Catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation ...

Those considering catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation should do a lot of research and know what questions to ask. The procedure is apparently helpful and appropriate for some people, but there are certain things one must know: http://collateral-damage.net

1967 views danwalter, United States - Sat, 25 May 2013

Previous 1 2 3 Next