Atrial Fibrillation

This community is for people with an interest in Atrial Fibrillation.

Members(109)
News(2)

Community discussions

What's on your mind? You can start a discussion on any topic you like, subject of course to our code of conduct.

Start new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

jon

bypass graft or stents?

Hi, I have just had an angiogram as a couple of months ago, I started getting chest pains and shortness of breath whilst walking my dog. It turns out I have one branch off my left coronary artery completely blocked and two others 90% and one on my right coronary artery 95%. Needless to say, I am a bit shocked and quite frightened by this, I am only 40 years old, but I do have type 1 diabetes and lost my left leg 4 years ago. I was told at my angiogram that the most likely procedure will be a...

796 views jon, Herts Valley - Wed, 16 Nov 2016

sheilaH

Afib & Anxietiy

It has occurred to me that my afib is possibly a lot due to my anxieties and stress. When it started 15 years ago, I had a lot of upheaval and stress in my life. I have been doing some research and find that adrenaline plays a big part in this problem and wondered if others are very anxious?

802 views sheilaH, Barnet - Fri, 4 Nov 2016

Thomas

Warfarin

Ive recently been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and have been prescribed warfarin. Do the symptoms of breathless stop?

4 replies , 1697 views Thomas, United Kingdom - Fri, 13 Mar 2015

celast

Ablation , pacemaker

My cardio version done last week has failed, The cardiologist suggests I have a Ablation and have a pacemaker fitted. Is a ablation a separate procedure to having a pacemaker , he reckons it will not stop the fibrilation but wil lower the pulse rate, does having all this done improve things as my legs etc have felt very week. I am 77

2731 views celast, Cheshire - Wed, 3 Dec 2014

celast

After cardio version

How long does one have to stay in hospital that day, If I had cardion version at 8.30am how long is it before you can go home,that's what I mean

2 replies , 1400 views celast, Cheshire - Fri, 28 Nov 2014

Daniel

Wine and AF

I have found that when I have had two or more glasses of red wine I get an attack of AF. Has anyone else noticed this?

3 replies , 1685 views Daniel, United Kingdom - Thu, 20 Nov 2014

KenT

Catheter Ablation

I am on the " waiting list " for the above procedure. When asked by my cardiologist if I wanted this procedure I responded with an honest answer saying yes rather than taking the medications. Since then I have seen one or two negative statements regarding ablation and wonder if anyone else has these doubts about this procedure.

6 replies , 2995 views KenT, Stanley , County Durham - Sun, 16 Nov 2014

celast

Amiodarone

Is anyone on this medication forAF ? Private cardiologist put me on them this week, it's to slow the heart and pulse rate, If you are how to you find them.

7 replies , 1658 views celast, Cheshire - Thu, 21 Aug 2014

Charles B

Atrial Fibrilation and Pacemakers

Has anyone had a pacemaker fitted exclusively to deal with Atrial Fibrilation? Did it cut the number or length of epsiodes? How did you feel after it. I've had 4 failed ablations, currently on Dronadarone. A pacemaker has been suggested but I'm worried about it being non-reversible.

5 replies , 2308 views Charles B, London - Thu, 21 Aug 2014

celast

Any one taken beta blocker cavedilio

Has anyone any experience of cavedilio , I have been put on it for AF , but side affects seem bad, I have had headaches since taken them also feel lethargic, would like to know how you went on

1407 views celast, Cheshire - Mon, 11 Aug 2014

Previous 1 2 3 Next