Local forums
Herts Valley
Access local health support from experts and community members in Herts Valley covering the following localities: Dacorum, St Albans & Harpenden, Hertsmere, Watford & Three Rivers.

Your local Herts Valley forums

What's on your mind?

Share your experiences of treatment or care, give local health tips and suggestions, tell others about support groups or voluntary organisations or simply find other people in your neighbourhood who have a similar interest or health concern.

Don't have an account? Sign up.

Start a new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

ella1

side-effects of Chemo ovarian Cancer

I'm doing ok just coming out other side of chemo five was a struggle. There is a pattern to the side-effects with Chemo. You get to know how your going to react and what side affects you will experience. It has also being my experience that the affects can be more pronounced with each cycle. What side effects do others have and how long did they take to go?

1 reply , 2586 views ella1, United Kingdom - Mon, 14 Nov 2016

Harly

What I Need to Know About About Prostate Biopsy

Hi could anyone tell me what to expect with a prostate Biopsy? is it painful!

1 reply , 2613 views Harly, Herts Valley - Tue, 8 Nov 2016

Lisa1

ADHD

I've just found out my daughter has ADHD at 10 years old. Does anyone have any good advice. Like the following I have found online: Be honest with your child about ADHD Enforce rules and consequences calmly Don't overprotect your child

1 reply , 2599 views Lisa1, Herts Valley - Sat, 5 Nov 2016

Tata

Prostate advice, is a hard prostate always bad news?

Hello My partner has had an internal examination for a routine check and the Dr said his prostate felt 'hard' . He sent him for a PSA test and he has now been booked in for a consultant appointment in a couple of days. This is very quick so I am really worried. Is a 'hard' prostate always bad news? He is 60. Generally good health. Before this hadn't really noticed any particular symptoms other than he gets up once a night to use the loo when he didn't before and sometimes flow is...

2087 views Tata, Herts Valley - Tue, 1 Nov 2016

Rose1

side effects of Chemo and radio for cervical cancer help!

Hi ladies, well I've almost finished Chemo and radio. the worst side effect is diarrhoea needing to go and not able to hold it for very long. I have had incontinence recently which is just awful side effects, what is the best way to treat this?

1115 views Rose1, Herts Valley - Mon, 31 Oct 2016

Tom2

Tumour in my sigmoid colon

I've been having rectal bleeding for a while so eventually went to see my GP 18 months ago, she sent me for a colonoscopy. The hospital messed up my appointment twice and by the time they sent me a third I was too fed up to go. My symptoms however persisted so after 18 months my GP sent me back. My colonoscopy was not as minor as I had been told. I was on the table for almost 90 minutes, when I eventually got off the table I could hardly walk as it set my back problem off. The doctor...

1 reply , 2462 views Tom2, Enfield - Mon, 31 Oct 2016

CarerPenny

A good care home around Elstree

After much thought I have decided to look for a different care home for my father although i know the change will be difficult for him. Can anyone recommend a good home in the Elstree area.

1934 views CarerPenny, Herts - Wed, 21 Sep 2016

milan

"Diabulimia" - what is it and is it harmful?

I have to make young people aware of the dangers of reducing your insulin dose for weight loss. This can potentially leave your diabetes out of control and may lead to a ketoacidotic episode which can mean being admitted to hospital. I have posted a good link about this and the hazards associated with it. https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/Living_with_diabetes/Diabulimia/

2122 views milan, North London - Fri, 9 Sep 2016

EmmaHC

2 year old with tantrums

My son who is approaching two years has been having more frequent tantrums. He will roll around on the floor and cry and scream uncontrollably for up to 20 minutes. Do other mums have any suggestions on how to deal with these?

1518 views EmmaHC, United Kingdom - Sat, 20 Aug 2016

serenity

Nerve damage after knee replacement

I had my arthritic left knee replaced in July 2015. The operation was successful in that I have regained mobility and have no pain in the joint. However I cannot kneel on my left knee because it is still numb which I assume is due to nerve damage; this makes getting up from the floor extremely difficult! Is this disadvantage permanent? Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of regaining sensation when trying to kneel on it?

1240 views serenity, Herts Valley - Sun, 14 Aug 2016

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Follow us on Twitter Twitter and FacebookFacebook to keep up to date with our latest articles
Offering daily tips and advice, in depth health and wellbeing features and expert articles explaining the latest medical advances to help you be well.
vaping

Long-term vaping 'far safer than smoking' says 'landmark' study

"Vaping has been endorsed by health experts after the first long-term study of its effects in ex-smokers," ITV News reports. A six-month study found that e-cigarettes users had far lower levels of toxins and carcinogens in their body than smokers…

back pain

Ibuprofen ‘barely better than placebo’ at treating back pain

"Widely used anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen have little more benefit than a placebo when it comes to treating back pain," reports the Guardian. This is based on a study looking at more than 6,000 people with back pain, comparing…

MND

'Breakthrough in communication for patients with severe MND', study claims

"Mind-reading machine allows people with 'locked-in' syndrome to communicate," reports the Mail Online. The report is based on a study that aimed to communicate with four patients unable to speak, move or blink...

View all be well magazine articles