Local forums
Enfield
Access local health support from experts and community members in Enfield covering the following localities: Arnos Grove, Cockfosters, Crews Hill, Edmonton, Enfield Lock, Enfield Town, Forty Hill, Hadley Wood, New Southgate, Oakwood, Palmers Green, Ponders End, Southgate

Your local Enfield forums

What's on your mind?

Share your experiences of treatment or care, give local health tips and suggestions, tell others about support groups or voluntary organisations or simply find other people in your neighbourhood who have a similar interest or health concern.

Don't have an account? Sign up.

Start a new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

NONE

alcohol & Anxiety

Here we go yet again impending doom,racing negative thoughts,lack of sleep and paranoia. what a way to start off the new year in bed for a few days a nervous wreck! I've been telling myself last night was the last time but ive been telling myself that for ten years now.i had family round last night and the majority of them dont drink so i know i must've made a fool out of myself because i cant remember anything after about the 12th can and then i went on to the spirits.my uncle is a recovering...

688 views NONE, Enfield - Thu, 12 Jan 2017

CherryD

found a very small lump on right breast

Hi I have just recently found a lump in my right breast roughly about the size of a pea. My right breast has also shrunk dramatically in size and the area where the lump is is quite tender. I also have a lump around the same size in my armpit and have had some strange nipple discharge. I was just wondering what other women's symptoms were and how there initial experiences were when dealing with the possibility of breast cancer. I have 2 children so I am extremely nervous incase it is something...

777 views CherryD, Enfield - Wed, 16 Nov 2016

Cat21

Disability allowance

I am newly diagnosed Stage IV. I guess I am extremely lucky as I was found to have two small lesions in the sacrum and ilium by accident. Now just to add to my drama, my boss calls me to tell me our whole division got laid off on day 4 of my radiation. Luckily I Was already on short term disability thru work so I wasn't caught up in the lay off. I am on STD - short term disability for 28 weeks. Then wilL HOPEFULLY go onto LTD So my question is : Do you think I can qualify for LONG term...

778 views Cat21, Enfield - Mon, 14 Nov 2016

Kimmy.w

food guilt

hi guys, I started my recovery almost 4 years from nearly dying from anorexia. I'm 4 years 4 months free from self harm.. Only relapsed once But the question i'm struggling with is why do i feel guilty for eating certain foods, I want to be as healthy as possible so just carbs, fruit, protein etc.. But I wanted chocolate so i ate it, i feel guilty like i shouldn't be eaten it. Does it ever end? I've travelled alone, learnt another language and i'm struggling with chocolate.. Coco...

766 views Kimmy.w, Enfield - Thu, 10 Nov 2016

CherryD

lower back pain

Trying to figure out if someone may have same symptoms that I do. I'm in my late 30's and for the past 4 years have not been able to have my lower back touched. I have always just associated it with having epidurals during my pregnancy. (Had 3 back to back because they wouldn't work). My back was fine otherwise. Its really getting me down as I have 2 children one whos a menace that I chase around a lot.

727 views CherryD, Enfield - Mon, 7 Nov 2016

barryM

just diagnosed with diabetes

I was just diagnosed last week with diabetes. My drive to work was tough as my vision was blurry. At this point, wearing my glasses in worse than not wearing them. I was already having difficult seeing close up with glasses due to my age, but now it is impossible to see close up. Once this is all under control, will my vision be "ok"? I really don't want permanent eye damage if I can avoid it. Thank you.

726 views barryM, Enfield - Mon, 31 Oct 2016

Tom2

Tumour in my sigmoid colon

I've been having rectal bleeding for a while so eventually went to see my GP 18 months ago, she sent me for a colonoscopy. The hospital messed up my appointment twice and by the time they sent me a third I was too fed up to go. My symptoms however persisted so after 18 months my GP sent me back. My colonoscopy was not as minor as I had been told. I was on the table for almost 90 minutes, when I eventually got off the table I could hardly walk as it set my back problem off. The doctor...

731 views Tom2, Enfield - Tue, 18 Oct 2016

Darren

Pushing away somone i love.

My therapist feels I am borderline personality disorder. I have spoken to my GP who doesn't seem to think PD is a condition. The more i learn the more it upsets me. That i could be a manipulative person. but when I have behavior like this....... seeking to be loved and liked by others. I find I’m the kind of person who drives my girlfriend nuts. I want to approach my ex girlfriend part of me simply knows that she has no desire to talk to me. That she sees me as a guy who plays with emotions.

714 views Darren, Enfield - Tue, 11 Oct 2016

Ana26

North Middlesex Hospital Casualty

I have a 2 year old daughter and I am really worried what will happen if the A&E will close. What will happen if she will feel sick or she has a high fever? Should I have to drive a longer distance. Does this mean other hospitals will be even busier and will I have to wait longer at the casualty unit? I think NHS should invest more money in doctor’s training. The nearby hospitals would not be able to cope with sudden influxes of A&E patients from the North Middlesex because they are...

736 views Ana26, Barnet - Fri, 2 Sep 2016

Koulla1

Chase Farm hospital

Does anyone know whether Chase Farm hospital is going to be closed down? I have heard a few people and even my doctor talking about it closing. I use it for blood tests and appointments as it is near.

764 views Koulla1, Enfield - Sat, 20 Aug 2016

Previous 1 2 3 Next

Follow us on Twitter Twitter and FacebookFacebook to keep up to date with our latest articles
Offering daily tips and advice, in depth health and wellbeing features and expert articles explaining the latest medical advances to help you be well.
vaping

Long-term vaping 'far safer than smoking' says 'landmark' study

"Vaping has been endorsed by health experts after the first long-term study of its effects in ex-smokers," ITV News reports. A six-month study found that e-cigarettes users had far lower levels of toxins and carcinogens in their body than smokers…

MND

'Breakthrough in communication for patients with severe MND', study claims

"Mind-reading machine allows people with 'locked-in' syndrome to communicate," reports the Mail Online. The report is based on a study that aimed to communicate with four patients unable to speak, move or blink...

burnt toast

Warning over 'burnt toast chemical' acrylamide’s cancer risk

"Browned toast and potatoes are 'potential cancer risk', say food scientists," BBC News reports. The FSA has launched a campaign about the possible health risk of acrylamide; a chemical formed when starchy foods are subjected to a high temperature…

View all be well magazine articles