Local forums
Barnet
Access local health support from experts and community members covering the following localities: Colindale, Cricklewood, Edgware, Finchley, Golders Green, Hampstead, Hendon, Mill Hill, Muswell Hill, Southgate, Temple Fortune, Whetstone, Woodside Park

Your local Barnet forums

What's on your mind?

Share your experiences of treatment or care, give local health tips and suggestions, tell others about support groups or voluntary organisations or simply find other people in your neighbourhood who have a similar interest or health concern.

Don't have an account? Sign up.

Start a new discussion

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

jerry123

De-personalised & antidepressants

Hi there, as anyone here ever felt de-personalised and not the person they are supposed to be, its when everything seems unreal, I think it's a feature of anxiety it can be quite scary. Is it a side effect of being on antidepressants (citalopram)?

1 reply , 1581 views jerry123, United Kingdom - Sat, 5 Nov 2016

toby83

PTSD should I stop myself scanning for threats?

Need some advice please. Just a normal evening walking back to my car when my own thoughts triggered me. I felt unsafe I was scanning the environment for threats until I was in my car. I live London, so it's not totally senseless to be vigilant, but scanning the shadows under cars in a carpark, thinking about how any jogger passing me could stab people as he passed them for fun! My question is, when I find myself scanning the shadows, searching for threats, etc., should I stop myself? I tried...

1 reply , 1569 views toby83, Barnet - Wed, 2 Nov 2016

sheilaH

How to delay dementia?

Both of my parents have dementia and I'm really worried about getting it, its so horrible to watch both of your parents with it I'm so scared about getting it early in life like my mother. does anyone have any tips on how to hold it off for as long as possible!

2030 views sheilaH, Barnet - Mon, 31 Oct 2016

Liz1

Diabetes and chest infection

I have a chest infection, I don't know how dangerous it is for me to have them, but my diabetes nurse said that I can be put back into hospital if untreated. How dangerous can it be? Do I need to go to the doctors or a walk in centre? I am doing the same stuff I did before I went into hospital, (heavy breathing, headaches, dizziness, not eating). I am really scared as I don't want to be in hospital again.

1249 views Liz1, United Kingdom - Wed, 12 Oct 2016

Janet

breast cancer help!

I found a couple lumps on my left side on the bottom of the breast and had those looked at around April 2016 and was told it was probably from my underwire bra or fibrocystic. Then I found a lump not on my breast but just below my left breast just below the bra line. It started out pea sized and is now about almond size. Over the past 6+ months I have thought it was a pimple or something else. I have had itching, pain, discharge on my left nipple but did not go in as I thought the Dr would push...

2094 views Janet, United Kingdom - Sat, 8 Oct 2016

Louise

Hi!

I am new on here. I don't know anyone with breast cancer in this area and would love to chat. Get in touch. xx

1322 views Louise, Barnet - Wed, 21 Sep 2016

Joe

Measuring blood pressure at home

I have been asked to buy a machine to take my blood pressure every week at home. Does anyone know which one is a good make? A friend suggested Boots own make. also what is the correct way of doing it - my friend does it like this on the wrist.

2125 views Joe, United Kingdom

Nila

Dementia medication

My elderly father with dementia has been on donepezil for a couple of years. I haven't seen any improvement in his dementia at all - it's got worse. I am thinking of stopping it. Has anyone else found dementia medication works for their elderly relative?

1953 views Nila, Sat, 20 Aug 2016

Nila

Care homes in Barnet

I am looking for a small care home in the Barnet area which is fairly homely and personal for my elderly father who has dementia. Can anyone make any recommendations please?

2003 views Nila, Wed, 3 Aug 2016

Linda60

Breast cancer group

Hello all. I am a happy survivor and would love to support and talk to other women who are going through this or have been through it. So much to talk about.

1 reply , 2623 views Linda60, Barnet - Sat, 30 Jul 2016

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Follow us on Twitter Twitter and FacebookFacebook to keep up to date with our latest articles
Offering daily tips and advice, in depth health and wellbeing features and expert articles explaining the latest medical advances to help you be well.
vaping

Long-term vaping 'far safer than smoking' says 'landmark' study

"Vaping has been endorsed by health experts after the first long-term study of its effects in ex-smokers," ITV News reports. A six-month study found that e-cigarettes users had far lower levels of toxins and carcinogens in their body than smokers…

back pain

Ibuprofen ‘barely better than placebo’ at treating back pain

"Widely used anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen have little more benefit than a placebo when it comes to treating back pain," reports the Guardian. This is based on a study looking at more than 6,000 people with back pain, comparing…

MND

'Breakthrough in communication for patients with severe MND', study claims

"Mind-reading machine allows people with 'locked-in' syndrome to communicate," reports the Mail Online. The report is based on a study that aimed to communicate with four patients unable to speak, move or blink...

View all be well magazine articles