ADHD and ADD

This community is for people with an interest in attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).

Newby help please.

beleive

beleive -

Wed, 7 May 2014

can u talk about add or adhd. I have never been able to remember what I was reading and in class lectures I still found myself daydreaming. my mother has always complained that I Never stick to anything ever. I admit and know myself that I cannot focus on anything for long.. I just can't. do u think it is possible that all these years struggling in school starting around grade 5.. that I have add??? can anyone help?? I amalso very forgetful and unorganized .what should I do ??? To get help.

always..n jumping from here to there...especially essays... is torture for me to get my thoughts organized :(((

I reread old letter to my,boyfriend and I was embarrassed ..how poorly my ideas are just all over. :(

I just thought of another oddball behavior... I can't stand TV. I don't understand TV. it is a total bore to Me. but I will sometimes watch it to kinvda fit in at times. but I a think its dumb.

I dunno. one thing in life is I Wish more than anything I could complete a diploma. :,( I have been to college and 3 out of 4 diplomas or certificates I haven't finished. my ability to stay interested and concentrate sux.. I have 4 children and feel Like a failure. tearing up already. I would like Dr to see if he can help my concentration and focus and motivation.

my grade in highschool average about 60%
when I try my hardest extremely hard I can achieve 70!

but is very stressful and astronomical amount of time

One more thought..I also only read 1 novel in highschool. I would try but could never remember anything. So I bought Coles notes.

And skipped out on all speeches as I could not memorize.

can anyone help?

Does this sound like add?

Alert moderator

Replies (2)

mikey1489

mikey1489 - Male, 50 - 60, wisconsin

wisconsin - Thu, 28 May 2015

Yep it is not fun. Mindfulness is found to help most even if not adhd. If class offered in your area or seminar on it check it out. I am persueing it now for myself and my children.

Alert moderator

Mindmess

Mindmess -

Wed, 6 May 2015

I have yet to be diagnosed but I think I have Add.If it's any consolation I got to grammar school, don't know what USA equivalent.I failed all my exams.I rush things,I write poems in under a minute shave in about 1 minute,Yet when I sit down at home I do not want to move....so appear lazy.I need to be told what to do.I did manage to pass a few exams later and even s minor teaching qualification .i ruminate constantly .its took me 51 years to hopefully come to the right conclusion re my problem

Alert moderator

Do you have anything to add?

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.