Bipolar Disorder

This community is for people with an interest in bipolar disorder.

News(25)

Do I have bipolar?

tillyxxx

tillyxxx - Female, 20 - 30, Warwickshire

Warwickshire - Sun, 1 Sep 2013

I'm afraid I have bipolar, my mother and three of her five siblings have been diagnosed with it, I'm sixteen and have been a stable carer for my mother but she's always told me I am the most like her. I suffer from depression which I would describe as quite manic at times, I can go from upbeat and lively to depressed and sunken. Although my mood swings are nothing like my mothers, and my mind isn't absent to what is normal and what's not, I recognise that I am not well in one sense or another. I can be a very aggressive, angry person, and this has before got me in trouble with the law. I'm not a happy person at all. The local GP doesn't seem to ever help and is reluctant to see anything of which I tell him. I have drifted from friends and forgotten what a normal teenage life feels like. I have so many issues that I cannot handle and no matter what anybody does or says I continue to feel very lost in my own thoughts. I have committed suicide twice and been assigned to two therapies but neither have helped. I don't know whether I just need some guidance or if there is a underlying issue. Thanks for reading

Alert moderator

Replies (3)

grumpy

grumpy - Male, Warboys Cambridgeshire

Warboys Cambridgeshire - Sat, 29 Mar 2014

A lot of the things you say could just be depression. Also if you have spent a lot of time around people with a problem you do tend to pick up some of there habits
my grandson hassle ADHD but now is being tested for bipolar as well
hope you're well here to talk if you want

Alert moderator

grumpy

grumpy - Male, Warboys Cambridgeshire

Warboys Cambridgeshire - Sat, 29 Mar 2014

A lot of the things you say could just be depression. Also if you have spent a lot of time around people with a problem you do tend to pick up some of there habits
my grandson hassle ADHD but now is being tested for bipolar as well
hope you're well here to talk if you want

Alert moderator

graleh

graleh - Female, Sweden

Sweden - Fri, 21 Mar 2014

It depends on how huge your mood swings you have? I have both bipolar and borderline issues. Both swings which changes a few times a year + rapid, drastic changes every day. It's said that people who try to commit suicide often have borderline.

Borderline and bipolar could be really similar.

Alert moderator

Do you have anything to add?

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.