Enfield

Access local health support from experts and community members in Enfield covering the following localities: Arnos Grove, Cockfosters, Crews Hill, Edmonton, Enfield Lock, Enfield Town, Forty Hill, Hadley Wood, New Southgate, Oakwood, Palmers Green, Ponders End, Southgate

Disability allowance

Cat21

Cat21 - Enfield

Enfield - Mon, 14 Nov 2016

I am newly diagnosed Stage IV. I guess I am extremely lucky as I was found to have two small lesions in the sacrum and ilium by accident.
Now just to add to my drama, my boss calls me to tell me our whole division got laid off on day 4 of my radiation. Luckily I Was already on short term disability thru work so I wasn't caught up in the lay off. I am on STD - short term disability for 28 weeks. Then wilL HOPEFULLY go onto LTD
So my question is : Do you think I can qualify for LONG term disability? I have a private LTD PLAN plus will qualify for SS disability ( worked for 36 years full time). I am sure I will qualify for the Short term disability.
And will I be able to collect serverence if I go for STD to LTD?
Does anyone know?

Alert moderator

Replies (0)

There are no replies in this discussion.  You can be the first.

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Follow us on Twitter Twitter and FacebookFacebook to keep up to date with our latest articles