Enfield

Access local health support from experts and community members in Enfield covering the following localities: Arnos Grove, Cockfosters, Crews Hill, Edmonton, Enfield Lock, Enfield Town, Forty Hill, Hadley Wood, New Southgate, Oakwood, Palmers Green, Ponders End, Southgate

Menopause too early after having cervical cancer

Kimmy.w

Kimmy.w - Enfield

Enfield - Thu, 10 Nov 2016

I've Just found out that I am going through the menopause. The doctor thought it was my B12 that was low with my symptoms but blood tests confirmed it. So 3yrs after being diagnosed my ovaries packed in. Anyone else going through it 10 years too early? I've not had any meds sorted yet as they want to do my bloods again in 4 weeks but the symptoms are getting worse especially with work and family life.

Alert moderator

Replies (1)

BellaChristina

BellaChristina -

Mon, 2 Jan 2017

I had my menopause at 46. I really felt strange and couldnt live my normal life - felt i was about to pass out at times.
Anyway my doctor gave me hrt tablets and they have been a miracle cure. I am back to normal but the doctor says I can only have them for 5 years max. I am not sure whether you cant have hrt because of cervical cancer but talk to your doctor.

Alert moderator

Do you have anything to add?

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Follow us on Twitter Twitter and FacebookFacebook to keep up to date with our latest articles