Access local health support from experts and community members covering the following localities: Colindale, Cricklewood, Edgware, Finchley, Golders Green, Hampstead, Hendon, Mill Hill, Muswell Hill, Southgate, Temple Fortune, Whetstone, Woodside Park

I need help with Anxiety!

appleberry - Barnet

Barnet - Mon, 31 Oct 2016

I'm someone who worries a lot about the possibility of what could happen. No matter the chances of it happening even if it's a million to one chance of it happening This is not healthy, this is also causing me to feel depressed and bring me down when really I should be trying to keep myself happy which can be difficult sometimes.

Has anyone got any advice on how I deal with this any methods I can use to change my thought process? Sometimes I feel down and stuff and then suddenly perk up because my brain is looking at things more logically it's weird but I have always been one to struggle with Anxiety in life.

Alert moderator

Replies (1)

Louise - Female, Barnet

Barnet - Tue, 8 Nov 2016

I felt this way for a long time and even became tearful at times. I was going through problems in my relationship.
I was given paroxetine by my doctor which has really helped. when he gave me the green prescription and told me they were antidepressants i really didnt believe her and wasnt going to take the tablets. In the end i decided to and i am a lot lot better off although i have put on weight. I am thinking in a more rational way and not being rude or insulting to people around me i am told.

Alert moderator

Do you have anything to add?

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Follow us on Twitter Twitter and FacebookFacebook to keep up to date with our latest articles