Herts Valley

Access local health support from experts and community members in Herts Valley covering the following localities: Dacorum, St Albans & Harpenden, Hertsmere, Watford & Three Rivers.

Atorvastatin

BilliG

BilliG -

Sat, 24 Sep 2016

My doctor has asked me to start on this because my cholesterol is high. Is anybody on it and are you getting any problems on it?

Not sure whether to take it.

Alert moderator

Replies (2)

Richard38

Richard38 - Herts Valley

Herts Valley - Fri, 18 Nov 2016

I was taking atorva for about 4 years and my choesterol cam down to 4. I started forgetting things recently and i thought it might have been the atorva so i have stopped it. My memory hasnt got any better so it might just getting older. Will probabaly go back on atorva in the new year.

Alert moderator

JennyG

JennyG -

Wed, 2 Nov 2016

Hi BilliG. My husband who is in his fourties has been taking atorvastatin for a few years now because his cholesterol was over 7. He hasn't had any side effects at all and no muscle pains or memory problems. He finds it a chore going in for a blood test every few months but it must be doing some good as he has been in good health.

Try taking it and see how you go - if you have side effects you can always come off it. Let me know what you decide.

Alert moderator

Do you have anything to add?

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Follow us on Twitter Twitter and FacebookFacebook to keep up to date with our latest articles