Herts Valley

Access local health support from experts and community members in Herts Valley covering the following localities: Dacorum, St Albans & Harpenden, Hertsmere, Watford & Three Rivers.

Closure of The New Surgery in Tring

eyelash101

eyelash101 - Female, Herts

Herts - Fri, 3 Jun 2016

I've just been told that there are talks going on about closing The New Surgery in Tring which is very worrying - if this happens, 2500 patients will have to register with other surgeries in the area. This will have a huge impact on the surgeries in Berkhamsted as many of these patients will have to re-register there. It seems crazy to me when all the gp surgeries seem over-stretched already!

I think as residents we need to have a say in these things before decisions are made that will affect our access to GPs

Alert moderator

Replies (2)

Helen

Helen - Female, 30 - 40, herts

herts - Wed, 8 Jun 2016

I recently moved to the area and am very worried about this issue too. I hope they are planning to open a new surgery but I haven't heard anything to suggest they are. I also noticed a sign on Rothshild House surgery saying they were accepting new patients, but from what I've heard it's really difficult to get an appointment there as it stands, so how on earth are they going to cope with an influx of new patients?

Alert moderator

EmmaHC

EmmaHC - Female

United Kingdom - Wed, 8 Jun 2016

I entirely agree - i simply don't understand why the NHS would be closing New Surgery when it's so difficult to get an appointment with your GP and many of my family and friends in the area say the same thing.

There's got to be reason - perhaps they are opening a bigger surgery nearby with more doctors and nurses.

Alert moderator

Do you have anything to add?

Sign in

If you want to start or participate in a discussion, you'll need to create an account or log in first.

Follow us on Twitter Twitter and FacebookFacebook to keep up to date with our latest articles