The website www.health-friends.org ["the website"] and content and material contained in it are available for use subject
to the following terms and conditions.
By accessing the website you agree to these terms and conditions of use.
- The website is owned and operated by Healthfriends Online Ltd whose registered office is Swan Yard,
Cirencester, GL7 2NH.
- The website must only be accessed and used in accordance with these terms and conditions. If you not agree
to these terms and conditions do NOT use the website.
- The website and its contents are copyright of Healthfriends Online Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of
all or any substantial part of the contents in any form is prohibited. No part of the site may be distributed or
copied for any commercial purpose without express approval.
Purpose of the website
- The website is a health related social networking site and has been created for use by patients, carers, families
and health professionals, or anyone with a legitimate interest in the contents of the website, for the following
- to find and meet other people with similar health-related interests for friendship, support and the sharing of health-related experiences.
- to form or join local, national or trans-national groups of people who share a health-related interest for friendship, experience sharing and mutual support.
- to form or join health-related campaigns.
- to read and create appropriate health-related posts in discussion boards for experience-sharing.
- to read health-related articles and other content for information.
Content to be used only in consultation with an accredited health professional
- Content and material on the website:
- are to only be used to inform your discussion with your doctor or other accredited health professional.
- are NOT and are not intended to be personal medical or health advice to the user.
- are to help you make clinical choices from the clinical options given to you by your doctor or accredited health professional.
You must ALWAYS discuss the clinical choice you intend to make with your doctor or accredited health professional.
Discussion boards and public groups - User Content
- We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the site
(collectively, "submit") messages, recipes, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds,
music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials ("User Content"). We have the right to publish, edit or
reject any User Content that you send us either via email, via the site or in writing via post for any purpose
whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without payment to you - unless we have specifically agreed otherwise in writing
prior to submission.
By submitting User Content to us, simultaneously with such posting you automatically grant to us a worldwide,
fully-paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sublicensable, and transferable right and
license to use, record, sell, lease, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon (including, without
limitation, translations), publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, publish and otherwise exploit the User
Content (in whole or in part) as Healthfriends, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. We may exercise this
grant in any format, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may
exist in such User Content.
interest in your User Content submissions. This means that copyright in your User Content will remain with you and
that you can continue to use the material in any way, including allowing others to use it.
You agree that you will not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral
right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other right owned by a third party
without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting
from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit. You
represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
We rely on you to present us with User Content that contains accurate and factual material. We assume no responsibility
for the accuracy of information provided on Healthfriends.
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, moral right, or other third party right of any person or entity;
- impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, obscene, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury;
- the licensed use by us hereunder would result in us having any obligation or liability to any party.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called
"moral rights" or rights of "droit moral" with respect to the User Content.
We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for
advertising and promotional purposes.
- Posts made to any discussion board or public group on the website must be:
- specific and factual and not general statements of opinion.
For example, you may say "I was kept waiting for 1 hour and 20 minutes in this hospital's casualty" or "I did
not feel that the nurses on the ward had enough time."
You must NOT say "This hospital's casualty is rubbish" or "The nurses on the ward were awful."
- decent and courteous
- relevant to a topic hub's or group's aims
- in English
- Posts made to any discussion board or public group on the website must NOT be:
- offensive, abusive, obscene, or of a sexual nature
- threatening, harassing or malicious
- defamatory or created with the purpose of damaging a person's, organisation's, or institution's reputation or good standing
- offensive, or incite ill-feeling on grounds of gender, race, religion, age or disability
- name or identify an individual without their written consent, except for the purpose of forming an appreciation group for a health professional
- advertise goods or services nor solicit custom
- spam or be repeated, without relevance, on other hubs
One-to-one personal messaging and private groups
- Your one-to-one personal messages and posts to a private group must comply with the rules set out in Clauses 6 and 7
except for the requirements:
- that messages and posts must be specific and factual
- that messages must be relevant to a topic hub or group aims
- that messages must not be of a sexual nature provided all recipients of any such message consent to receive such messages
Consequences of breach
- Any post or message which breach these terms and conditions will be removed and the author will be sent a warning to comply.
- Persistent breaches may result in your account being removed and your access to the website blocked.
Content attribution and page adoption
- The content of posts and messages represent the views of the author and not of the website. Responsibility for
ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions of the website and with English law lies solely with the author.
- The website may allow recognised and reputable providers of clinical services to adopt and edit a hub and its
contents. Where a hub is so adopted it will be clearly marked as such. The adopter of a hub will be required to
comply with these terms and conditions and the website's editorial policy.
- Articles and other content created by the website may report, be based on or derived from work from other sources.
If an article is a derivative work the source will be given.
- Healthfriends Online Ltd will use our best endeavours to manage and operate the website for the purposes set out in
these terms and conditions. Our liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or in any other way
is limited to 500 GBP.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims (including third party claims), losses, demands, costs,
expenses, fines or any other liability whatsoever including any liability arising out of any action brought against us
for misrepresentation or negligent misstatement arising from any access to or use of the website by you or any person
authorised by you.
- The laws of England shall apply exclusively for these terms and conditions of use and all matters relating to the use
of the website. Any actions arising out of these terms and conditions of use of the website's content and material
shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.